Gamma Zeta Alumnus Dr. Seth Berl ’78 has participated in 20 medical/dental mission trips to Honduras and led them for the last 13 years. Dr. Tom Sullivan ’78 has joined Seth for the last four years. Last year for the first time, two Gamma Zeta undergrads, Joe Pearson ’15 and Paul Jaroslawski ’15 joined the team and had an incredible experience. We’re very pleased to announce that Gamma Zeta alumni will be sponsoring at least two undergrads to join the trip again March 5-12, 2016.
We’ll pick two ATO Gamma Zeta undergrads to partially sponsor (we’ll pay the $950 ground costs… you pay flight and incidentals) from applicants who meet all of the following criteria and complete the following application by Wednesday, December 2, 2015 at 11:59 pm Central (no excuses… get your fully completed applications in early). We will notify those selected by Wednesday, Decmeber 9 via email.
- Here is a link to additional details about the trip –Honduras 2016 (note that Dr. Berl is looking for ATOs to participate during the second week of his trip this year March 5-12, 2016)
- Here’s a link to the blog that Joe, Paul, Dr. Tom Sullivan ’78 and Dr. Seth Berl ’78 reported on last year’s trip – https://atoillinois.com/category/2015-honduras/
- Here’s a link to an even more detailed description and details from last year’s trip. I’ll post an updated 2016 version of this document when it’s available – https://atoillinois.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/Honduras-Info-2015.pdf
- Complete and submit application below by Wednesday, December 2 at 11:59 PM Central to be considered.
- Must have a valid Passport that does not expire in 2016 and submit copy via separate email to email@example.com by Wednesday, December 2 at 11:59 PM Central.
- Must agree to personally fund and purchase airline ticket and cover incidental expenses (estimated at approximately $600-$800 for ticket and $100-$200 for incidentals)
- Ticket must be purchased on a flight that coordinates with Dr. Berl for ground transportation in Honduras
- Must personally coordinate all your own transportation in the United States to and from airport
- Must be in good academic standing and personally work out details with instructors to miss class.
- Must agree to do a daily “blog” on ATO website while in Honduras to report back your experiences
- Must agree to participate if selected