Gamma Zeta’s got together last night at Matt Menna’s ’93 very cool Sidebar Grille in Chicago to support Tom “TSquared” Tunney’s ’77 reelection bid for Alderman of the 44th Ward. Thanks to all who attended and donated and good luck Squared!! There’s still time to make a donation and it would be appreciated. Here’s the link – https://co.clickandpledge.com/sp/d2/default.aspx?wid=153930
Reminder – event to support Alderman Tom Tunney ’77 is tomorrow evening, February 19 at Sidebar Grille (221 N. Lasalle), 4:30-7:30pm – RSVP and/or donate here – https://co.clickandpledge.com/sp/d2/default.aspx?wid=153930
Dr. William “Bill” Mohlenbrock ’61 recently published a book titled “The Handbook of Healthcare Value – How Self-Insured Employers and Employees Can Contain US Healthcare Costs”. It provides a great overview of how our current healthcare costs have grown so drastically and provides some innovative ideas for how they can be controlled. As a healthcare consumer, I found Bill’s book very interesting and helpful for understanding the motivations that are driving different players and hopeful that there are ways that things can get better. If you are an executive with a self-insured company, a hospital administrator or staff member or a physician you’ll find this particularly valuable – https://www.amazon.com/Handbook-Healthcare-Value-Self-Insured-Employers-ebook/dp/B07JKF1NC4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1548879827&sr=8-1&keywords=the+handbook+of+healthcare+value
Tom Schreiber ’82 asked me to share the following… great work Tom!!
I’m with a non-profit out of Barrington called Rahab’s Daughters that rescues girls and women out of sex trafficking (forced prostitution, forced dancing in strip clubs). They set up a new chapter in the Super Bowl city each year – 43 women and kids were rescued in Minneapolis before last year’s Super Bowl. Longer term, we provide shelter and services to help the women integrate back into society. I’ll be in Atlanta starting Jan 25 helping with the operation.
To me, the shocking thing is 11 kids were rescued last year. They had been living in cars and dangerous places.
The big need we have is providing housing for the women after the rescue. We have a Safe House set up for the first few days, but safe accommodations are needed for several weeks for 40-50 people. I’m trying to raise $10,000 so we can strike a deal with Atlanta area extended-stay hotels. As of today we’re about halfway there including a couple large verbal commitments. Could you spread the word to our ATO network? Several of the brothers already stepped up. And any amount helps.
Tom Schreiber ’82
RSVP today for event to support Alderman Tom Tunney ’77 on February 19 (note that this is a change from our original schedule due to the cold weather in Chicago) at Sidebar Grille (221 N. Lasalle), 4:30-7:30pm – https://co.clickandpledge.com/sp/d2/default.aspx?wid=153930
November 1, 2018
Dear Gamma Zeta Alumni Brethren:
One of the projects needing my attention, as the new House Corporation President for our Gamma Zeta Chapter, was to review and update our corporate Articles of Incorporation and corresponding Bylaws.
As best I could see from records passed down to me, these important documents had not been reviewed since 1968.
Jack Klues, Current GZ Board Of Trustees Chairman, and I believe we needed to hire outside legal expertise as well as engage counsel of ATO National Headquarters and its wholly owned Chapter House Management Company named The Richmond Group.
These expert resources have explained to us that we need not amend/revise our Articles of Incorporation that were first drafted in 1938 and filed with the State of Illinois.
However, we were advised to make one substantive change in our Bylaws.
That change was in regard to ( Article XIV , Sections A and B) regarding “ Dissolution of The Chapter”. Please review the element carefully as it is an addition to our existing Bylaws and deals specifically on how the House Corporation would manage our Chapter House Closing and hand over of the physical plant and its property assets to the Richmond Group/ ATO National Headquarters. Here is a link to the proposed Bylaws for your review – https://atoillinois.com/…/…/ATO_BYLAWS_REVISIONS_OCT12-2.pdf
Note: We have no plans to close or dissolve the chapter and hope that there is never a need to exercise this clause. The chapter is strong, having recently won the ATO National True Merit award two years in a row.
This proposed change requires that it be brought before all Alumni members of the Gamma Zeta Chapter who remain in “good standing”. National HQ tells us that “good standing” means all would have made regular donations and/or paid annual alumni dues as well as those who elect to remain actively engaged with Chapter activities at some level.
As such, you are receiving this email and are asked to reply to me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your rejection or endorsement of this Bylaw change within 5 working days of receipt.
With Alumni Communications VP, Dane Luhrsen, we also will post this Bylaw vote request on our Gamma Zeta Social Media channels with same reply request within 5 working days.
A non response will be considered a vote of endorsement.
Thank you for your time and attention.
L and R
House Corp President
Thomas Arkle Clark Chapter Memorial Inc
Enter the 4th Annual 2018 “Last Tau Standing” NFL Survivor Pool today!!
- Test your NFL picking skills against Gamma Zetas of all ages and around the world.
- Make a $100 donation (we’re splitting the pot 50/50 between winner and Feed My Starving Children).
- Take a chance of winning a great pot (Past winner’s shares have been over $3,000!! and we think this will be even bigger!!)
- Get your name on a very cool trophy which will be displayed forever in the chapter house that you can show off to your children and grandchildren in the years to come!!
- Most importantly earn bragging rights over Gamma Zeta brothers young and old!
Here are the rules.
- Make a $100 Donation for each entry by completing the form below. You may submit multiple entries. Just be sure to donate $100 for each entry.
- You’ll receive a confirmation email with instructions to register and enter your team with our pool manager runyourpool.com.
You can join the pool and enter picks up until the Week 1 pick deadline on Sunday, September 9th at 1:00pm ET.
- Entry deadline: Sunday, September 9th at 1:00pm ET. – pool starts in week 1 and goes through the regular season – 17 weeks… for those who are still standing!
- You may enter multiple teams but must make a $100 donation for each team.
- You pick one team to win each week. If they lose, you are eliminated (note: no Mulligans this year!)
- You must get your pick in by the weekly deadline – before the first game each Sunday.
- Early games must be picked before they start.
- All picks will be hidden until the game has begun (for early games) or the until the first game on Sunday.
- Any NFL team may be picked only once during the regular season.
- Ties are handled as a Win.
- When you don’t enter a pick on time, Runyourpool will Automatically assign the biggest available favorite as your pick for the week.
- Last Tau Standing is the winner of the pot!
- Split 50/50 between Feed My Starving Children and winner.
Make your donation by clicking on the “Add” button (Note: after clicking Add, you can choose how many teams you’d like to enter), completing the form below and then click on the “Donate” button.