Sorry to pass on the sad news that one of our Diamond Circle Members (75 years as ATO) has recently passed away – http://www.grossepointenews.com/Obituary-42536.114135-William-James-Lane-Jr.html
Check out Phillip Coover’s ’04 latest “Real Estate for Breakfast” podcast. His guest is Bob Cavoto ’75. Very interesting, entertaining and valuable interview whether you are in Real Estate or not and regardless of where you are in your career. – Here’s a link to download. Be sure to give them a great rating on iTunes!!
Bill Forsyth ’86 who serves on the Board of Directors of the University of Illinois Alumni Association asked me to share the following.
I have a favor to ask. Last year, the UI Alumni Association launched a program – Illinois Alumni Insiders – that helped us better connect and engage with young alumni. Participants had the opportunity to provide feedback about existing and proposed UI Alumni Association programs and services; offer insights into what young alumni are seeking from their alumni association; and test the marketing of messages, images and campaigns. All communication was facilitated via an online platform that was concise, targeted, and provided real-time analytics. We received very valuable feedback from this program.
We are now seeking Illinois alumni ages 36-55 to participate in the second round of Illinois Alumni Insiders. To sign up please visit https://illinoisalumni.org/2016/06/17/alumni-join-illinois-alumni-insiders/. For every survey you complete, you will be automatically entered into a drawing to win prizes such as Illini apparel and merchandise, Illini Visa gift cards and more.
Would you please consider signing up to participate in this program? I promise the surveys are quick, fun and easy. As importantly, please feel free to share this information with other alumni you know who may be interested.
Thank you in advance for your help and participation.
William D. Forsyth, CFA
Frontier Partners, Inc.
400 Skokie Boulevard, Suite 500
Northbrook, IL 60062
Enter the 4nd Annual 2017 “Tau Madness” NCAA Basketball Tourney Pool today!!
- Test your NCAA basketball tourney picking skills against Gamma Zetas of all ages and around the world.
- Make a donation to the house (we’re splitting the pot 50/50).
- Take a chance of winning a great pot
- Maybe get your name on a very cool trophy which will be displayed forever in the chapter house that you can show off to your children and grandchildren in the years to come!!
- Most importantly earn bragging rights over Gamma Zeta brothers young and old!
Here are the rules.
- Make a $100 Donation for each entry by completing the form below. You may submit multiple entries. Just be sure to donate $100 for each entry.
- You’ll receive a confirmation email with instructions to register and enter your picks with our pool manager runyourpool.com. (Note that you can set up your username and password now but will not be able to make your picks until after the final brackets are announced on “Selection Sunday” March 12.
You must make your donation and register and make your picks before the entry deadline of March 16, 2017 at 12:15 p.m. ET.
Entry deadline: March 16, 2017 at 12:15 p.m. ET
Multiple entries allowed: Yes
Points awarded for wins (by round)
First Four: Play-in games are not included or scored
Second Round: 1 pt.
Third Round: 2 pts.
Sweet 16: 4 pts.
Elite 8: 8 pts.
Final 4: 16 pts.
Championship: 32 pts.
Championship game total points
First additional tiebreak: Pool points in Second Round
Second additional tiebreak: Pool points in Third Round
Split 50/50 between ATO Gamma Zeta and winners
Winners share will be split as follows:
1st place – 60%
2nd place – 25%
3rd place – 15%
Make your donation by clicking on the “Enter” button and completing the form below.