Enter the 4th Annual 2018 “Last Tau Standing” NFL Survivor Pool today!!
- Test your NFL picking skills against Gamma Zetas of all ages and around the world.
- Make a $100 donation (we’re splitting the pot 50/50 between winner and Feed My Starving Children).
- Take a chance of winning a great pot (Past winner’s shares have been over $3,000!! and we think this will be even bigger!!)
- Get your name on a very cool trophy which will be displayed forever in the chapter house that you can show off to your children and grandchildren in the years to come!!
- Most importantly earn bragging rights over Gamma Zeta brothers young and old!
Here are the rules.
- Make a $100 Donation for each entry by completing the form below. You may submit multiple entries. Just be sure to donate $100 for each entry.
- You’ll receive a confirmation email with instructions to register and enter your team with our pool manager runyourpool.com.
You can join the pool and enter picks up until the Week 1 pick deadline on Sunday, September 9th at 1:00pm ET.
- Entry deadline: Sunday, September 9th at 1:00pm ET. – pool starts in week 1 and goes through the regular season – 17 weeks… for those who are still standing!
- You may enter multiple teams but must make a $100 donation for each team.
- You pick one team to win each week. If they lose, you are eliminated (note: no Mulligans this year!)
- You must get your pick in by the weekly deadline – before the first game each Sunday.
- Early games must be picked before they start.
- All picks will be hidden until the game has begun (for early games) or the until the first game on Sunday.
- Any NFL team may be picked only once during the regular season.
- Ties are handled as a Win.
- When you don’t enter a pick on time, Runyourpool will Automatically assign the biggest available favorite as your pick for the week.
- Last Tau Standing is the winner of the pot!
- Split 50/50 between Feed My Starving Children and winner.
Make your donation by clicking on the “Add” button (Note: after clicking Add, you can choose how many teams you’d like to enter), completing the form below and then click on the “Donate” button.
Jack Butzow ’20 accepts Gamma Zeta’s 22nd True Merit Cup at ATO National Congress last weekend.
Hello Gamma Zetas,
Matt Massucci ’96 has asked me to forward the following about the upcoming 17th Annual RG Swedo Golf Outing. This is an awesome event to recognize and remember Gamma Zeta Greg Swedo ’96 who was tragically killed in a hit and run accident in 2000. Money raised goes to scholarships from Greg’s high school, Fremd to attend the University of Illinois. The top ATO Foursome at the event each year is recognized on the Heldman Trophy which is displayed at the chapter house.
Mark your calendars now and register for this year’s event!
17th Annual RGS Golf Outing
Saturday, August 25th
Registration and donation link – https://gregswedo.nationbuilder.com/golf_outing_2018
I’ve heard rumors that a very confident foursome of GZ’s from Springfield plan to raid the event this year and take away the hardware. Get your group together today and give them a run for their money!
Contact Matt Massucci directly at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Gamma Zeta ’77
Director of Alumni Relations
I’m very pleased to announce that Jim “Breeze” Bremhorst ’81 has agreed to be our next House Corporation President. His position has been unanimously approved by the Board of Trustees.
Jim will be taking over for Greg Scott ’76 who has served us so well over the last five years. Thanks to Greg for his dedication to this role and many hours of service to our fraternity! Greg will continue to support our chapter in his new role as President of Arete Management who we have contracted to provide on-site facilities management services.
Jim grew up in Glenwood and attended Homewood Flossmoor High School where he was on the basketball team. He graduated from Illinois in 1981 with a B.A. in Finance and a M.S. in Finance in 1983.
Jim started working with Arthur Andersen in their Management Information Consulting Division in January 1983. This division was renamed Andersen Consulting in 1989 and became Accenture in 2001. He was a partner from 1999 until he retired in 2010. Jim specialized in the Utilities Industry and spent a lot of time on large systems projects including enterprise financial systems and merger integrations.
Jim is married and lives in Springfield. He has two daughters and a son (an Illini). In retirement, he spends most of his time coaching b-ball, volunteering in the school district, taking care of his dad, exercising, visiting his kids, running his church’s finances and golfing.
Jim loved his days at 1101 and regularly stays in touch with many of his pledge brothers and others from his era. (Picture is of Jim on left with Stu Meacham ’78 and their daughters Mel and Chantel who were team mates on the Wheaton College women’s basketball team) Now, he’s excited to bring his significant leadership and project management skills to his role as the Thomas Arkle Clark Memorial House Corporation President.
Breeze will need your help as there is much to be done over the next few years so don’t be surprised if he gives you a ring.
Gamma Zeta ’77
Chairman, Board of Trustees
Mark your calendars! Start putting together your foursomes! Get out to the driving range and refine your game! The R.G. Swedo Golf Outing will be held this coming Saturday, August 25. Top ATO foursome wins the Heldman Trophy. Many more details to follow soon.
Congrats to Jack Klues ’77 on being inducted into the Illinois Fraternity and Sorority Alumni Hall of Fame on this past Saturday, April 21! Jim Dobrovolny ’71 presented a nice donation in Jack’s name on our behalf to the Adlon Dohme Jorgensen Greek Life Endowment Fund. Nice mention in the DI too – https://dailyillini.com/news/2018/04/21/five-illinois-alumni-inducted-into-fraternity-and-sorority-hall-of-fame/
If you didn’t get it at home… read it here! If you’re not getting it at home in the mail, we don’t have a good mailing address for you. Please send me your current mailing address – firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll update your info in our database. You can update your information directly in our on-line directory by clicking on the “Manage Account” tab at the top of this page.
Congrats to the big winner of the Tau/Gamma Phi Madness NCAA BBall Tourney Bracket Challenge – Feed My Starving Children, who will receive a nice donation of $3,065 from our participants. Thanks to all who played and donated!! Congrats to our other winners:
1st – Quinn Carlson
2nd – Matt Menna
3rd – Joe Patrevito
Very happy to pass on the news that our BOT Chairman, Jack Klues ’77 has been selected to be inducted into The University of Illinois Fraternity & Sorority Alumni Hall of Fame for his “outstanding career in advertising and media, and his positive representation of Alpha Tau Omega Fraternity and the University of Illinois”. The Hall of Fame event is set to take place on Saturday, April 21st from 3-5pm at the Illini Union. Congrats Jack!! Very well deserved.