On Sunday, September 25th, the brothers of Alpha Tau Omega will be hosting a new signature event. I’m excited to tell you about it and would like to invite you to participate with us.
Feed My Starving Children, a hunger relief organization, will be coming down to Champaign-Urbana to help us host a “MobilePak” event. During this event, over 100,000 meals will be packed for children in need. The event will be taking place at the Armory on campus, and involve nearly 500 people. The bulk of the volunteers are other Greek organizations on campus, along with other groups in the C-U area.
Our work on this event started over a year ago. We raised most of the money which was needed to sponsor this event over Dad’s and Mom’s weekends during the 2015-2016 school year. With the help of other fraternities/sororities and your generous support, we will be able to fund the $22,000 event. Not only will this event be important in improving the name of Alpha Tau Omega, but also change the lives of so many kids.
If you would like to donate or participate, the link below will allow you to do so. There are times available all day Sunday the 25th that you can formally sign up to help through the link below or you can just stop by, pitch in or cheer us on any time you’d like. Of course, donations directly to Feed My Starving Children will be welcomed as well and can also be done via the link below. Thank you for your support.
Alpha Tau Omega External Philanthropy Chair
The next few months are when many of your companies are recruiting for summer interns. If you are aware of internship opportunities at your company, please pass them on to our Alumni Relations/Career Development undergrad Chairs Joseph Binkowski firstname.lastname@example.org – 708-717-0725 or Jon Vaccaro – email@example.com – (847)226-5577 or even better, take a look through our undergrad’s resumes at this link and reach out to guys who match your requirements directly – https://www.dropbox.com/sh/k7xg1yy1nzktzid/AABLB0vz3K4BU4TIUUpVxfiTa?dl=0
Enter the 3nd Annual 2016 “Last Tau Standing” NFL Survivor Pool today!!
- Test your NFL picking skills against Gamma Zetas of all ages and around the world.
- Make a donation to the house (we’re splitting the pot 50/50).
- Take a chance of winning a great pot (last fall’s “Last Tau Standing” NFL Pool winner’s share was over $3,000!! and we think this will be even bigger!!)
- Get your name on a very cool trophy which will be displayed forever in the chapter house that you can show off to your children and grandchildren in the years to come!!
- Most importantly earn bragging rights over Gamma Zeta brothers young and old!
Here are the rules.
- Make a $100 Donation for each entry by completing the form below. You may submit multiple entries. Just be sure to donate $100 for each entry.
- You’ll receive a confirmation email with instructions to register and enter your team with our pool manager runyourpool.com.
You can join the pool and enter picks up until the Week 1 pick deadline on Sunday, September 11th at 1:00pm ET.
- Entry deadline: Sunday, September 11th at 1:00pm ET. – pool starts in week 1 and goes through the regular season – 17 weeks… for those who are still standing!
- You may enter multiple teams but must make a $100 donation for each team.
- You pick one team to win each week. If they lose, you are eliminated (note: no Mulligans this year!)
- You must get your pick in by the weekly deadline – before the first game each Sunday.
- Early games must be picked before they start.
- All picks will be hidden until the game has begun (for early games) or the until the first game on Sunday.
- Any NFL team may be picked only once during the regular season.
- Ties are handled as a Win.
- When you don’t enter a pick on time, Runyourpool will Automatically assign the biggest available favorite as your pick for the week.
- Last Tau Standing is the winner of the pot!
- Split 50/50 between ATO Gamma Zeta Annual Fund and winner.
Make your donation by clicking on the “Add” button (Note: after clicking Add, you can choose how many teams you’d like to enter), completing the form below and then click on the “Donate” button.